BYOD – Bring Your Own Device for Satellite Email, Web, Weather, Social Media and Tracking
Optimizer makes satellite data easy – with the devices you already own. Optimizer is the original BYOD (Bring Your Own Devices) satellite hotspot – letting you access the services you need with the smartphones, tablets and computers you already have. Optimizer broadcasts your satellite data feed as a Wi-Fi hotspot, let you easily access email, web, weather and social media services, and even track your location. Most importantly, its powerful firewall blocks all unwanted service to eliminate runaway satellite phone airtime bills.
Your Devices, Your Way
RedPort Optimizer eliminates the problems associated with USB cables, and boasts a firewall that eliminates all unnecessary computer traffic, giving you access to the maximum throughput of your satellite phone data service. Indeed, the built in firewall blocks ALL traffic except that carried through a RedPort-certified data service like XGate, a branded version of XGate, or Iridium Mail & Web. This means that once the link is established data flows through the pipe at optimum speeds giving you the best possible transfer rate.
This allows you to browse the Internet with XWeb compression increasing the effective bandwidth of the connection while reducing airtime costs. Since nothing traverses the router except XGate email and XWeb compressed web data, unwanted traffic is eliminated. This prevents surprise airtime bills caused by unmonitored and unwanted background computer traffic such as operating system and other software updates.
- Satellite – Turns any IP-based satellite data signal into a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Firewall – stops all unwanted data traffic, saving time and money
- Wi-Fi Hotspot makes setup and use with compatible computers and tablets easy
- GSM support – Plug in a compatible GSM USB-modem when you have GSM access to keep all the speed and convenience benefits of Optimizer, wherever you are.
- Faster processor – Do everything quicker and more smoothly, the Optimizer wXa-112 (Spring 2014) includes a new processor for speed and reliability.
Optimizer works with compatible software services running on a laptop, tablet or smartphone to provide:
- Email – Accelerate email service up to 20 times, saving up to 85% on satellite airtime
- Web – Access compressed web pages an average of 3-5 times faster than normal
- GRIB Weather – Get free GRIB files via email from online services
- NEW! Mobile Weather – See local forecasts based on your location using your iOS or Android device.
- Social Media – Update Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter over satellite
- Tracking – Automatically sends your phone or terminal’s built-in GPS data to a compatible tracking service
- Blogging Service – Get a free Sailblogs Premium Basic account with a compatible service.
Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows XP, Vista and 7, both 32 and 64-bit versions
- Apple Macintosh
- Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch)
Compatible Satellite Equipment
Works with all standard satellite equipment including:
- Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro; IsatPhone 2; BGAN; Fleet One; FleetBroadband
- Iridium 9555; Extreme; OpenPort; 9500*, 9505*, 9505a*
- Globalstar GSP-1700; GSP-1600*, GSP-2900*
- Thuraya USB and IP
- and other systems.
* Some Equipment Requires Compatible Serial-USB cable (not included). GPS Tracking service requires current Inmarsat or Iridium OpenPort hardware.
RedPort Optimizer Features
Optimizer turns any IP-based satellite data signal into a WiFi hotspot, which means that you to connect to your satphone or terminal with the devices you already own.
Optimizer’s firewall blocks all traffic from going over the line unless it comes from a RedPort service like XGate or XWeb. This speeds up the connection and protects you from unwanted airtime bills.
Optimizer’s built-in WiFi capabilities make it easy to connect all of your favorite devices to one simple hub: Mac, PC, iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod), and Android smartphones and tablets.
With Optimizer you can plug in any GSM USB-modem dongle and connect to any applicable GSM network while still keeping all the optimization, speed, and convenience of Optimizer.
Track your location with the industry-leading RedPort Tracking service. The RedPort Optimizer provides tracking data using the GPS chip built into GPS-enabled satellite phones and terminals.
The Optimizer wXa-112 includes an upgraded, fast processor for quick bootups, updates, and more reliability