× Technical Discussions

Smart Craft a real blessing

• Roel Jansen
  • Roel Jansen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #1169 by Roel Jansen
Roel Jansen created the topic: Smart Craft a real blessing
One of the first things I added when the boat arrived was the implementation of SmartCraft!

SmartCraft can be used when you have Mercruiser 2002 and up mpi out en i/o motors. At the back of those motors) there is a plug, you plug in the smart Craft Cable(s) and harness that lead to a Screen, Gauges or Chart Plotters ready or suitable for SmartCraft.

I have bought a Navman/Northstar Chart plotter that was SmartCraft ready. Although we keep records on milage and bought amount of gas often the Admiral is afraid about the amount of gas still in the tank. This despite I tell her SmartCraft measures the amount of gas that goes into the chambers and calculates exactly what is left. When I went to the gas dock my SmartCraft fuel screen showed I had still 110 liters in the 660 liters tank. When the gas pump screen came around 540 liters in the tank, I said to be careful and at 547 liters a little came out, tank filled. So I think this to be a very accurate system! :mrgreen: And the system is easy to install and can give a lot more very useful information about the motor(s).

The big cons were the restrictions of only special Smart Craft ready from Navman/Northstar products, could be used. This was due to the navbus network wasn't compatible with NMEA Chart plotters.
Today there also is a NMEA version available.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Roel Jansen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #1172 by David
David replied the topic: Re: Smart Craft a real blessing
Great tip Roel :)

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roel Jansen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds