× Technical Discussions

Wash Down Pump

• HFXJACK
  • HFXJACK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Able Seaman
More
4 years 9 months ago #2785 by HFXJACK
HFXJACK created the topic: Wash Down Pump
At this years boat show I purchased a wash down pump. So Yesterday at the boat started the install process. Previously I has decided that I would install the pump and bulk head hose fitting in the cockpit and not on the bow. My decision was based on:
Use I crab almost every outing and often retrieve from mother ship and anchor less frequently so the hose at the stern makes sense.
Pressure Drop The shorter the overall length of the hose downstream of the pump the better. Fewer bends as well so less pressure drop.

The pump kit came with 1/2" flexible hose, bulkhead hose fitting and local disconnect and fuse.

In the past I installed a 12V outlet just below my shower hose, so I have a power source already installed. I can install the bulkhead fitting just below the shower with a quick disconnect.

A few years back I had a thru hull installed while on the hard. I had relocated my batteries to the starboard side behind the sanitary tank to compensate for the weight of the sea wise and 9.9 OB so I have lots of room behind the hot water tank in front of the trim pump. Total hose length from thru hull to quick disconnect will be less than 5'

I'll take pics when done.

Cheers

HFXJACK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #2796 by dmcb
dmcb replied the topic: Wash Down Pump
I have a bow and stern washdown. Its a regular 12 volt pump with a through hull pickup.
We anchor a lot and have to have an anchor wash.

Doug

• HFXJACK
  • HFXJACK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Able Seaman
More
4 years 9 months ago #2814 by HFXJACK
HFXJACK replied the topic: Wash Down Pump
Installed and tested. Surprised how much pressure it has. I had installed a 12 volt outlet that I no longer use so I had power for the switch. Had just enough hose did not even have to cut it. Added a foot to the lengh just before the clerk cut it. Glad I did. Sorry forgot to take PICS. Next time. Now only have to wait until June before I can use it. :sad:

Cheers

HFXJACK

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds