× Technical Discussions

4788. TV cabinet - by: Mariner156

• CBOC
  • CBOC's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #6623 by CBOC
CBOC created the topic: 4788. TV cabinet - by: Mariner156
Has anyone done anything creative with the tv and the area behind on the 4788? I currently have a flat panel tv mounted to the cabinet but want to utilize the massive dead space behind it. Was thinking maybe having the tv itself swing open on piano hinges and putting some shelves inside. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.
Note: my tv is mounted on the backside of the angled part of the galley cabinet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #6637 by kingstonal
kingstonal replied the topic: 4788. TV cabinet - by: Mariner156
Welcome to cboc. I have seen that done on a meridian .What the guy had done was he took a piece of cherry, which was the interior cabinetry of the meridian 490 , and made one big cabinet door for that tv cabinet, installed extra hinges to carry the extra weight of the tv. Then took a tv mount and mounted the tv to the large cabinet door. s o when your watching tv it was like the tv had a permanent home, but when he wanted to access the cabinet he just opened the door like you would on any other cabinet door. looked and worked great, just have to make sure you leave the wire on the tv and extra so has when the door is open its not too tight. Hope this helps

al stuckless

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds