× Technical Discussions

Swim Platform Rebuild Update

• David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admiral - Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #889 by David
David created the topic: Swim Platform Rebuild Update
I updated the swim platform article with a few more pictures. I had the swim ladder rail bolts replace by Johnsons Welding in Ottawa, and created a template to get a quote on a Nuteak covering :)

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David
More
5 years 8 months ago #1034 by David
David replied the topic: Re: Swim Platform Rebuild Update
Got the price back from NuTeak and while it looks and sounds like a nice product I just cannot justify the $750.00 cost for a two foot x 8 foot swim platform. I think I will look into the available carpet options :unsure:

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

• Roel Jansen
  • Visitor
5 years 8 months ago #1035 by Roel Jansen
Roel Jansen replied the topic: Re: Swim Platform Rebuild Update

David wrote: Got the price back from NuTeak and while it looks and sounds like a nice product I just cannot justify the $750.00 cost for a two foot x 8 foot swim platform. I think I will look into the available carpet options :unsure:

k.

David, not wanted to be the know it all guy, I was afraid that you got a price that almost is or even higher than real teak.
The better the quality the price goes up to a higher level. On the other hand you get a trouble free product that doesn't need the maintenance and the wear out, other products need and give. My concern was, as we always need the Swim platform to go in and out the boat, the moisture and slippery of the surface. This besides the look of the product. Carpet I have never seen it used on a platform, so I can say any thing about it but I have my doubts based on a Welcome on board mat that we had for the door step. One season and we could throw it away. :oops:

• David
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #1036 by David
David replied the topic: Re: Swim Platform Rebuild Update
Thanks for the comments Roel :) Carpet is used here quite a bit. It comes in many types, colors, with logos and without and is snapped to the platform. I can get one for about $150.00. Which means I could replace it every two years for a new one and it would take me 10 years to spend the same amount of money as the other coverings.

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by David.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.758 seconds