• CBOC
  • CBOC's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
1 year 4 months ago #5834 by CBOC
CBOC created the topic: 2052-holeshot-issue-solved-by-oouthere
Hiya, About a year ago I came across a Trophy 2052 with a carbed 4.3L Mercruiser/Alpha One Gen 2 for $1,000 but in terrible condition. The paint had peeled from the outdrive, chaulking, locked engine, massive corrosion, etc. Anyway after a LOT of work and money it hit the water and would hardly plane out, ran ok once she was up but struggled for probably 100 to 150 yards to get on plane with two people and a light load. It came with a 17" three bladed prop, so I tried a 17" 4 bladed prop after some people said this helped. With three people in this configuration I didn't know if it was going to plane over, it made it worse. The cure is hard to find but works unbelievably good! I found a Quicksilver Power 2 19" shifting prop on ebay in like new condition ($375). Worth every penny!!! It starts at a 13" pitch and shifts to a 19" after reaching the rpm you adjust it to, I set this one to 4,600 rpm and it planes out like a maxed power fishing boat should. Best guess is it planes in less than 3 boat lengths now and is a completely different boat If you can find one, it's a God send! Original Source

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds