× General Boating

19-year-old dies from electrical current in water at Put-In-Bay marina

  • David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Admiral - Administrator
More
7 months 14 hours ago #7131 by David
David created the topic: 19-year-old dies from electrical current in water at Put-In-Bay marina
PUT-IN-BAY, Ohio — A 19-year-old from Dublin, Ohio, was killed Friday after being electrocuted in the water next to his family’s boat.

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources reports that the Currie family docked their boat, 33’ Sea Ray Sundancer, at Miller Marina in Put-In-Bay at around 6:30 p.m. and plugged into the shore power. Their dog fell into the water, and Jeffrey Currie, the father, jumped into rescue it. He began struggling and slipped below the surface of the water.

That was when his two sons also jumped in to help and began struggling.

The mother was on the boat and pulled the plug from the shore power. Once she did, the current in the water stopped and “all parties reboarded the boat.” Evan Currie, however, was unresponsive and convulsing . He was given CPR and taken to Port Clinton, but did not survive.

The ODNR Division of Parks & Watercraft is leading the investigation into his death. They have taken possession of the family’s boat and associated equipment to assist in them.
fox8.com/2017/06/17/19-year-old-dies-fro...t-put-in-bay-marina/

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum