Curious on Chesapeake Bay

• AUXCOXN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Able Seaman
8 months 1 day ago #7152 by AUXCOXN
AUXCOXN created the topic: Curious on Chesapeake Bay
I hope to learn more about certain Bayliners as I search for my next cruiser. My wife and I have over forty years experience, mostly cruising the USA East Coast & Caribbean aboard our sailboats, but the last ten years have been 80% power boating as we retired and joined the US Coast Guard Auxiliary. We miss cruising and have our sights set on the Great Loop with maximum Canadian routing. Our Albin 28TE is a fantastic fishing or CGAUX patrol platform but not a live-aboard. Therefore we're attracted to the 3788 Command Bridge, or similar.

I'd love to find detailed technical documentation, photos of the hull, drive train, engine room and stuff the salesmen don't bother with. Real world cruising experience with Mercruisers vs Cummins? What about re-powers? I heard about one that was repowered with small John Deere diesels in place of the Mercruisers?

We'll certainly appreciate your advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago #7157 by David
David replied the topic: Curious on Chesapeake Bay
Welcome aboard ! We have some documentation in the manuals section. I will see if we can add more. If anyone else has some please PM me and I will upload them.

1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds