Old BOC member, new to CBOC

• jstefano
  • jstefano's Avatar Topic Author
  • Able Seaman
More
4 weeks 2 days ago #7278 by jstefano
jstefano created the topic: Old BOC member, new to CBOC
Hi guys

I did not check BOC for a long time and suddenly, there are two BOC (US and Canada).
May I know the reason, please?
Just curios...

Jan
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Bayliner Classic 2452 (year 1995)
Mercruiser 5L, Alpha One

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago - 4 weeks 2 days ago #7280 by David
David replied the topic: Old BOC member, new to CBOC

jstefano wrote: Hi guys

I did not check BOC for a long time and suddenly, there are two BOC (US and Canada).
May I know the reason, please?
Just curios...

Sure. The Canadian site was created to provide information that might be more useful to Canadian boaters and to provide information beyond just what is found in a forum. We have articles here, videos as well as manuals for members. We have a bigger social media presence as well. We are on Twitter @baylinerowners with over 1,170 followers We have a Facebook Page as well as a Facebook Group . There was also the issue of Canadians being treated as second class boaters by several of the members and administrators at BOC. You can still see it today in some posts however it is not as obvious as it once was but it is still there. :)

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by David.

• jstefano
  • jstefano's Avatar Topic Author
  • Able Seaman
More
4 weeks 2 days ago #7283 by jstefano
jstefano replied the topic: Old BOC member, new to CBOC
Oh, I was never treated badly at BOC because of being Canadian. Sometimes I came across some jerks at BOC. But these were jerks picking up fights with everybody, not with Canadians. However, I did not check BOC for a long time, so the new members may be different.
Hope we'll live happy together side by side.

Jan
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Bayliner Classic 2452 (year 1995)
Mercruiser 5L, Alpha One

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #7285 by David
David replied the topic: Old BOC member, new to CBOC

jstefano wrote: Oh, I was never treated badly at BOC because of being Canadian. Sometimes I came across some jerks at BOC. But these were jerks picking up fights with everybody, not with Canadians. However, I did not check BOC for a long time, so the new members may be different.
Hope we'll live happy together side by side.

We try :) Do a search using the term Canadian and you will see a few examples of what I mean. There are some great people on both sites and we have a few great Americans who post here as well. "Chief" is one of those who posted a reply to your topic. At the end of the day it's all about boaters helping other boaters vs one site competing against the other.

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds