4588 air vents in front of salon windows

• Baylinerguy
  • Baylinerguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Able Seaman
More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #7327 by Baylinerguy
Baylinerguy created the topic: 4588 air vents in front of salon windows
Seasons greetings everyone:) This is my second attempt to be part of a truly wonderful site, and yachting world. We purchased our 45 last July, and like many of you, it it was pretty beat up from the previous owner! We have owned many Bayliners in the past, and truly got to know them, so that is why we chose a 1989 4588. My issues are rain water leaks! I have most of them solved, but I have one that leaks on the port side under were the vent comes through the gunnel, and drips down on the port tank!! I have tried to look everywhere with a hi dif camera!! Nothing!! Any help would be grateful in trying to solve this mystery! I have looked at the window frames, pilot house, salon window, door, handrail, cleats, etc!!! It doesn't leak from inside the vent, but around the outside bottom. Help please, thank you, from Nanaimo, BC.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Baylinerguy. Reason: move to forum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #7328 by David
David replied the topic: 4588 air vents in front of salon windows
Welcome back :) The 45 is a beautiful boat, I have always liked those. Have you tried removing the vent and resetting it with sealer ? Do you have any photos of the area ?

You might want to contact Blake Davis meridianpilothouse.com/meridian-bayliner...-motoryacht-history/ he is an expert on the 45's and 47's with lots of experiance he may be able to point to something that he has run across before.

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by David.

• Baylinerguy
  • Baylinerguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Able Seaman
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #7330 by Baylinerguy
Baylinerguy replied the topic: 4588 air vents in front of salon windows
Thank you David for the welcome back! I have looked at removing the vent, but after much looking I found that it is a critical part in holding all the pieces together! Upper deck, to forward pilothouse, to lower deck at gunnel!! Bolts are not accessible from some places!! I will send Blake an email and see if he would know where to look also. And Thanxs again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #7331 by David
David replied the topic: 4588 air vents in front of salon windows
Thanks let us know what he suggests. A few photos of the area might help as well :)

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds