Hydronic heat

• Running Wild
  • Running Wild's Avatar Topic Author
  • Able Seaman
10 months 4 hours ago #7102 by Running Wild
Running Wild created the topic: Hydronic heat
I'm considering installing a diesel hydronic heat system. Any suggestions for a product? Saw Hurricane heaters at the Vancouver Boat Show this year that were more economical to any US products because of the currency exchange.

I plan to do most of the installation myself. The hurricane rep told me that I would have to buy the system from a dealer and they would have to inspect and certify the final installation to activate the warranty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 3 hours ago - 10 months 3 hours ago #7103 by David
David replied the topic: Hydronic heat
First welcome aboard ! I have seen a lot of interest lately on hydronic systems.

I note on the Hurricane website that they say you can install the system yourself and the only requirement for warranty is that the installation be inspected by a certified installer. What was the price range you found for the systems ?

Can I purchase direct from ITR?

If there is not an authorized dealer in your area to certify the installation we will sell direct to you. We will need to be more involved with the installation process. However the manuals and the installation check sheets provide all the information required for someone to install a system properly and receive the full warranty.

Can I install a Hurricane system on my own?

Yes, our Installation Manuals will guide you through the entire heating system installation including mounting location, plumbing, wiring and switching the heater on for the first time. If there is a certified dealer in your area we prefer that you have the certified dealer go over the system with you before installation and then have the dealer fill out the inspection check sheet so the warranty will be effective. It is important to follow proper installation instructions or the warranty will be voided.

1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's
Last Edit: 10 months 3 hours ago by David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Running Wild

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds