Review - Montreal Boat and Water Sports Show
February 9th to 12th 2012
The Montreal Boat Show was fantastic! Covering two floors of Place Bonaventure there really was something there for everyone. From small dinghy’s, fishing boats, jet ski’s to trawlers, large cruisers and sailboats.
Boat prices did not appear to be any lower this year with a lot of the marketing directed towards the relatively low monthly payments (fine print over 20 years).
Although there were moderate crowds at the show there were lineups to view the interiors. Some wait times were a half an hour to forty five minutes.
However the wait was worth it with some beautiful spacious interiors. So if you plan to attend next year plan to attend for the whole day.
Almost every manufacturer of marine engines was represented at the show, Volvo, Honda, Yamaha, Mercrusier, just to name a few.
Also at the show were some very interesting accessory suppliers and of course the usual representation from the Marine Supply industry. There was even representation from Puerto Rico tourism. Two particular suppliers stood out from the crowd.
Aqua Services at www.aquaservices.net , featuring every imaginable accessory, engines and engine parts, trailers, boats and even small dinghies. Certainly worth a visit to their web site (French Only).
Another interesting booth was a custom wood design manufacturer, Eastwood Designs www.eastwood-designs.com Eastwood Designs manufactures custom marine furniture and inlayed floors.
While the boat show was fantastic, the atmosphere and services in Montreal are good reasons to visit Montreal anytime of the year. The view from our Hotel, the Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain was breathtaking, overlooking the St. Lawrence River. If you want to be spoiled and treated like royalty, then this is the place for you! Service was five star all the way.
Vargas Steakhouse, Bar, Sushi Restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Montreal on the corner of Rene Levesque and University. This was a fantastic restaurant, with superb five star services and food. Vargas has a unique service in that they have a shuttle that will pick you up and return you to your hotel at no charge. This was defiantly worth the trip to Montreal on its own.
By using the baylinerownersclub.ca, cdnbaylinerownersclub.com, CBOC Marine.com, clubsearay.ca, canadianboatersclub.ca or canadianboatersclub.com websites, hereafter referred to as CBOC, the user agrees to the terms and conditions stated below. If for any reason the user feels these terms and conditions are unacceptable, it is the user's responsibility to discontinue use of the site immediately.
- CBOC does not guarantee the accuracy of any of the information on its site. The information is believed to be true, however the information may contain typographical, or other errors. CBOC reserves the right to change information without notice.
- CBOC sites contains links to other independent third party sites. CBOC is not responsible for the information provided on these sites. Any mention, or link of a third party site should not be considered an endorsement by CBOC.
- CBOC is not responsible for any damages caused in any way shape or form by the use of its site. This holds true for any situation that may arise.
- All information and access to CBOC is provided on an "as is" basis. The user should not assume that the site will operate error free or without interruption.
Our Commitment To Privacy
At CBOC your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on our websites. On some pages, you can place boat for sale listings, inquire on boats, make purchases through our online store, participate in our forums and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when communicating with you or for any purchases you make on our site . We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete those sales. We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers. There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
About this cookies policy
We created this cookies policy using a Contractology precedent available from www.freenetlaw.com. Premium precedents available on the Contractology website include confidentiality terms and conditions.
Cookies on our website
CBOC Marine uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
Your site preferences.
Wish list selections
CBOC Marine publishes Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on this website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour across the web using cookies. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google's Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can opt-out of the Adsense partner network cookie at: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How To Contact Us
Note: By posting content or making content available for inclusion on the CBOC Marine forums, including without limitation threads and comments you post to the forum, you grant CBOC Marine and its proprietors a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, non-exclusive, fully sub-licensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display, and to incorporate such content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
A favorite treat along the Rideau Canal in Ottawa during Winterlude !
Total Time: 2 hrs. 30 min. Yield: 20-30 pastries Prep Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 5 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 1/4-5 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- oil ( for frying)
- granulated sugar ( for dusting)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the yeast, warm water and pinch of sugar.
- Allow to stand a couple of minutes to allow yeast to swell or dissolve.
- Stir in remaining sugar, milk, vanilla, eggs, oil, salt, and most of flour to make soft dough.
- Knead 5-8 minutes (by hand or with a dough hook), adding flour as needed to form a firm, smooth, elastic dough.
- Place in a greased bowl. Place bowl in a plastic bag and seal. (If not using right away, you can refrigerate the dough at this point).
- Let rise in a covered, lightly greased bowl; about 30-40 minutes.
- Gently deflate dough. (If dough is coming out of the fridge, allow to warm up for about 40 minutes before proceeding).
- Pinch off a golf ball-sized piece of dough. Roll out into an oval and let rest, covered with a tea towel, while you are preparing the remaining dough.
- Heat about 4 inches of oil in fryer (a wok works best, but you can use a Dutch oven or whatever you usually use for frying). Temperature of the oil should be about 385°F.
- Stretch the ovals into a tail shape, like a beaver's tail - thinning them out and enlarging them as you do.
- Add the dough pieces to the hot oil, about 1-2 at a time.
- Turn once to fry until the undersides are deep brown.
- Lift the tails out with tongs and drain on paper towels.
- Fill a large bowl with a few cups of white sugar.
- Toss the tails in sugar (with a little cinnamon if you wish) and shake off excess.
Can also be coverd with jam or apple pie filling, Nutella, Maple Syrup!
2012 Ottawa Boat & Sportsmen's Show - New Dates New Venue
OTTAWA – October 28, 2011 –
About: The Ottawa Boat and Sportsmen’s Show (OBSS) is the Ottawa Valley’s leading outdoor show. It features over 200 exhibitors offering a wide selection of products, services, gear and tackle for fishing, boating, camping and paddlesports. The show is tailor-made for outdoor enthusiasts and features renowned celebrity experts, seminars, demonstrations, family entertainment, and more.