Bayliner Owners Club on Facebook and Twitter (11 Jun 2018)

Bayliner Owners Club is fast becoming the most Active Bayliner Site on the Internet !
To date our Facebook Group has over 927 ACTIVE Members, 1.3K Posts, 7.3K Comments and 13.6K Reactions - www.facebook.com/groups/BaylinerOwnersClub/ Lots of Information and daily posts from members just like you !
OurTwitter Feed has 19.2K Tweets and 1.2K Followers twitter.com/baylinerowners

× Technical Discussions

Warning Buzzer Problems

• Craig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #174 by Craig
Replied by Craig on topic Warning Buzzer Problems
Many thanks for all the replies. As a few said T-stat should be changed, I'll get on it. I was going to do the impeller at the start of the season anyway. The boat was a repo brought up from Washington State, so I have no idea of it's history. The bottom was never anti-fouled, so I was led to the conclusion it was used in freshwater only, yet it did have the odd barnacle start on the pristine black leg. It seems odd that in Washington it wouldn't have been used in the chuck, unless they were using it as I am off of a trailer for short durations in the water.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #175 by dmcb
Replied by dmcb on topic Warning Buzzer Problems
While it certainly could be the t'stat, I tend to think its something else. If it is sticking the faster you go the more it would overheat.
Test it when you remove it. Put it in a pan of water and heat the water. When the temp reaches the temp marked on the t'stat it should start to open. It likely will take a bit more for it to fully open.
If it does open, you will have to look elsewhere for the problem.
Bottoms can foul even in fresh water but the colder the water the better. Sounds like your boat was on a lift or trailered.
We boat in clean colder water any my bottom while painted, does not foul. However when I returned to the marina in the same cold but not moving water, they were unable to haul it for about 3 weeks.
It fouled enough to require a wash which I have never needed in the 5 previous seasons we have owned the boat.
Doug

Doug

More
6 years 3 months ago #176 by David
Replied by David on topic Warning Buzzer Problems
What about if the t-stat is stuck 1/2 way open. allowing sufficient cooling at low speed but insufficient at higher RPM ?

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

More
6 years 3 months ago #178 by dmcb
Replied by dmcb on topic Warning Buzzer Problems
Could be. A test will tell. Hope the OP follows up on what he finds. We all learn when that hapens.

Doug

• Craig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #181 by Craig
Replied by Craig on topic Warning Buzzer Problems

dmcb wrote: Could be. A test will tell. Hope the OP follows up on what he finds. We all learn when that hapens.

It'll be a few weeks before I can get at it, but I will definately post what I find out.
The first impeller change will probably be done by a shop, because I don't have an hour meter installed yet.
I need to have the memory flashed to get the exact hours for the meter. I will do the T-stat myself though to
save some change.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.809 seconds