Bayliner Owners Club on Facebook and Twitter (11 Jun 2018)

Bayliner Owners Club is fast becoming the most Active Bayliner Site on the Internet !
To date our Facebook Group has over 927 ACTIVE Members, 1.3K Posts, 7.3K Comments and 13.6K Reactions - www.facebook.com/groups/BaylinerOwnersClub/ Lots of Information and daily posts from members just like you !
OurTwitter Feed has 19.2K Tweets and 1.2K Followers twitter.com/baylinerowners

× Technical Discussions

Feel Like An A$$

• David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admiral - Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #1727 by David
Replied by David on topic Feel Like An A$$
Thanks Doug you could be right ! The tabs are really close to the drives and I added additional length and fins to them this spring.

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Visitor
5 years 2 months ago #2731 by Go Aweigh2452
Replied by Go Aweigh2452 on topic Feel Like An A$$
As the other Doug mentioned, you could move the tabs or just not use them as aggressively. I love the bigger tabs I put on last year (same as yours with the drop fins). I can actually stay on plane about 200 RPM lower now by allowing a little bit of tabs down. They work great at low speeds as well providing more control on steerage when in the marina. Not much wander...

Glad you found the problem however...

• David
More
5 years 2 months ago #2735 by David

Go Aweigh2452 wrote: As the other Doug mentioned, you could move the tabs or just not use them as aggressively. I love the bigger tabs I put on last year (same as yours with the drop fins). I can actually stay on plane about 200 RPM lower now by allowing a little bit of tabs down. They work great at low speeds as well providing more control on steerage when in the marina. Not much wander...

Glad you found the problem however...

Thanks Doug, yep every year is a learn somthing new year. I hope I can now really get out and do some boating without worrying if the there is a problem with the drives. I now know to look behind the wheel first :huh: :)

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

• k-townguy
  • Chief Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Mechanic
More
5 years 2 months ago #2736 by k-townguy
Replied by k-townguy on topic Feel Like An A$$
Well maybe i can convince the admiral to do a trip up there this summer, you can take us on a tour and show us around etc.

1985 Bayliner 2150 Ciera Sunbridge
VP AQ 125A/270

"FOUR PLAY'N"
Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough to do it right the second time.

• David
More
5 years 2 months ago #2737 by David

k-townguy wrote: Well maybe i can convince the admiral to do a trip up there this summer, you can take us on a tour and show us around etc.

That would be Great I look forward to it :cheer:

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

More
5 years 2 months ago #2738 by dmcb
Replied by dmcb on topic Feel Like An A$$
If you guys can find a way to make it to the North Channel I think I am as good a guide as you will find.
50 years of boating that area.
continuouswave.com/north-channel/cruise.html
Don't let the low water worry you. I can keep you out of trouble.
I won't be on line or have a phone from Early June until Mid Sept. but if you find you can make it, use Cruisers Net. www.lcyc.ca/cruisers-net
Email Roy and tell him you have a message for Shannon (our boat name) This is available during July and August only. I listen and report in almost every day.
It is a great service for boaters in the area. We get local and international news and are able to send messages to other boaters and receive them.

Doug

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds