Bayliner Owners Club on Facebook and Twitter (11 Jun 2018)

Bayliner Owners Club is fast becoming the most Active Bayliner Site on the Internet !
To date our Facebook Group has over 927 ACTIVE Members, 1.3K Posts, 7.3K Comments and 13.6K Reactions - www.facebook.com/groups/BaylinerOwnersClub/ Lots of Information and daily posts from members just like you !
OurTwitter Feed has 19.2K Tweets and 1.2K Followers twitter.com/baylinerowners

× Technical Discussions

bowthruster

• jamie mac
  • Topic Author
  • Able Seaman
More
5 years 6 months ago #2184 by jamie mac
bowthruster was created by jamie mac
I am thinking of having a dedicated battery for my thruster detached from my alternater. i plan to install a smartcharger that will charge battery on shore power. i found when i used it it dropped voltage long enough to affect electronics sometimes. any input would be great.

2006 mainship rumrunner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #2186 by David
Replied by David on topic bowthruster
That sounds like it would be a good set up. Most of the people I know with bow thrusters has a similar setup.

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

More
5 years 6 months ago #2189 by dmcb
Replied by dmcb on topic bowthruster
It may be the cable isn't heavy enough for the long run. And the return should be the same size.
Doug

Doug
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamie mac

More
5 years 6 months ago #2192 by David
Replied by David on topic bowthruster
Good point Doug. If the cable is heavy enough you may be able to increase the size of your alternator as well to charge the battery while running

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

• Roel Jansen
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #2196 by Roel Jansen
Replied by Roel Jansen on topic bowthruster
Jamie,

The Bow thruster should be charged while underway and have it's own battery. I have and would advice a heavier battery than the brand you have, gives as an advice.
I have a Vetus and they give advice about the batteries on their web site. Also the use of the thruster is very important!
Short bursts is the way to go. I have mine in use from day one and that is 6 six years. I have two batteries as at first they installed one and that wasn't enough power! Mine is wired as a standard and wirelless optional the last was a very simple and quick installation but that goes for Vetus and I don't know for other brands.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Roel Jansen.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.976 seconds