Bayliner Owners Club on Facebook and Twitter (11 Jun 2018)

Bayliner Owners Club is fast becoming the most Active Bayliner Site on the Internet !
To date our Facebook Group has over 1,036 ACTIVE Members, 1.5K Posts, 8.9K Comments and 16.014K Reactions - www.facebook.com/groups/BaylinerOwnersClub/ Lots of Information and daily posts from members just like you !
Our Twitter Feed has 19.2K Tweets and 1.2K Followers twitter.com/baylinerowners

× Technical Discussions

Thanks to SmartCraft!

• kathygillispickles
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #2980 by kathygillispickles
Replied by kathygillispickles on topic Thanks to SmartCraft!

Go Aweigh2452 wrote: You really need to inspect those impellers annually. Most people change them either annually or every two years. Your lucky you did not end your trip at the extreme end of the distance from the marina.

+1 on checking the impellers regularly. We replaced the port side one 2 years ago and when inspected last week it had a torn fin. The starboard side one was missing 3 fins! This required further inspection down the line to retrieve the missing bits. Now have 2 new impellers and happy that this is part of our annual maintenance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Roel Jansen
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #2984 by Roel Jansen
Replied by Roel Jansen on topic Thanks to SmartCraft!
Doug, Kathy,

I will add to inspect those impellers every year. The point is maintenance is a sales business, executed by the mechanics.
So I discuss what should be done with sales. They write the work order and plan with the chief-mechanic when it will be done. I can assure you that the last word about it isn't said yet. When sales say it should be done each 5 years why they didn't do it last year. But more important I want to know why don't they inspect them each year. Winter engine inspection is on the bill but not specified. That will be changed count on that! :) Doug, glad to see you landed safe! Snow gone?

• freedre
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #2987 by freedre
Replied by freedre on topic Thanks to SmartCraft!

Hey Roel - do you think I can get another season out of these?
Attachments:

• Roel Jansen
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #2989 by Roel Jansen
Replied by Roel Jansen on topic Thanks to SmartCraft!
Ron of course' You will be safe the coming 5 years! :mrgreen:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds