Bayliner Owners Club on Facebook and Twitter (11 Jun 2018)

Bayliner Owners Club is fast becoming the most Active Bayliner Site on the Internet !
To date our Facebook Group has over 927 ACTIVE Members, 1.3K Posts, 7.3K Comments and 13.6K Reactions - www.facebook.com/groups/BaylinerOwnersClub/ Lots of Information and daily posts from members just like you !
OurTwitter Feed has 19.2K Tweets and 1.2K Followers twitter.com/baylinerowners

× Technical Discussions

As if I did not have enough boat projects

More
6 years 3 months ago #405 by dmcb
Oh, ya. I have experience. :)

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #406 by dmcb
I may as well tell the story. I wanted to run some wires for something in my 3870. Got them behind the cabinet under the sink in the small bath. Want to get them under the floor. Lots of room from that cabinet to the floor.
Do you know how much the hull tapers at that point? Lots of room between the wood and the hull when I opened the door and looked in. Well I drilled through the wood at the bottom right at the floor.. White chips I saw by golly. Then water. Damn, I hit a water line.
Opps nope no water line. A nice 3/8 stream of water. Damn again thats lake water. Stuck the drill back in the hole to think about it for a bit.
I have a nice assortment of stainless fasteners aboard including some 3/8 carriage bolts. Perfect.
Got some 3M 5200 which cures under water, washers and nut. Gave my wife the washer and nut with some 5200 applied to the washer.
Went out in the dinghy, leaned over, found the hole and put the carriage bolt in with lots of 5200.
Wife put on the washer and nut and tightened. I drove the shoulder of the carriage bolt in and all is well.
Painted it with bottom paint in the fall after haulout and no one would know. It was in an impossible place to fix with glass and this is a very good fix.
I think you might imagine my thoughts when I realized what that stream of water was.
Later some people at the same anchorage came over and introduced themselves. Said they came by earlier when I was leaned over the side of the dinghy. They thought it wasn't a good time to say hello.
They laughed when I told them what happened.
Doug

Doug

• David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admiral - Administrator
More
6 years 3 months ago #407 by David
Replied by David on topic As if I did not have enough boat projects
LOL that must have been a little nerve racking to say the least. At least you kept a cool head :) By the way was it a cordless drill :ohmy:

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

More
6 years 3 months ago #414 by dmcb
yes it was cordless. I have a full set of cordless tools aboard.
You can't imagine how easy it was to do that.
Doug

Doug

• jamsac
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #452 by jamsac
Replied by jamsac on topic As if I did not have enough boat projects
I think I've heard that story before, doesn't get any easier. I find it hard enough just to put holes anywhere in my boat. I bought 2 nice shiny SS flush mount rod holders last spring, still can't bring myself to drill those big holes in my pretty white fibreglass.

James

• David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admiral - Administrator
More
6 years 3 months ago #454 by David
Replied by David on topic As if I did not have enough boat projects
It does tend to make things pucker dosnt it ;)

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.928 seconds