Bayliner Owners Club on Facebook and Twitter (11 Jun 2018)

Bayliner Owners Club is fast becoming the most Active Bayliner Site on the Internet !
To date our Facebook Group has over 1,036 ACTIVE Members, 1.5K Posts, 8.9K Comments and 16.014K Reactions - www.facebook.com/groups/BaylinerOwnersClub/ Lots of Information and daily posts from members just like you !
Our Twitter Feed has 19.2K Tweets and 1.2K Followers twitter.com/baylinerowners

× Technical Discussions

Replacing engine blower 'collector box' behind vent louver - by: mgm1986

• CBOC
  • CBOC's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #6628 by CBOC
Okay, before I get the sawzall out I figured I should stop and ask the experts. How the heck do you remove and replace the 'collector box' that sits behind the louver vents that connect to the engine compartment blower hose? I thought replacing this old noisy blower would be a ten minute job. You think I would know better by now!

I will get a picture later today. On my 2556, I have two hoses connected to a collector box behind the starboard vent louver. This box has a 3" hose running down to the front part of the engine and a 4" hose that connects to the engine blower and then down to the rear lowerpart of the engine. I want to replace these hoses together.

Please help!
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #6636 by kingstonal
Ha mgm1986, welcome to cboc, and thanks for the great question.Is their any way you can just get a 4 inch inline blower, and buy some new 4 inch blower hose, then you could have a short piece of hose running in the engine room like you want, install the inline blower, and then just run your other piece of hose into your collector boat. If the collector box has 3 inch fitting, you can buy a adapter from 3 inch to 4 inch blower hose.I know that you can buy a adapter at home depot in the dryer hose section. Hope this helps, but if you could post a picture that would tell us a 1000 words, in helping you solves this problem. good luck.

al stuckless

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 0.949 seconds