Bayliner Owners Club on Facebook and Twitter (11 Jun 2018)

Bayliner Owners Club is fast becoming the most Active Bayliner Site on the Internet !
To date our Facebook Group has over 927 ACTIVE Members, 1.3K Posts, 7.3K Comments and 13.6K Reactions - www.facebook.com/groups/BaylinerOwnersClub/ Lots of Information and daily posts from members just like you !
OurTwitter Feed has 19.2K Tweets and 1.2K Followers twitter.com/baylinerowners

× Technical Discussions

Swim Platform Rebuild Started

• David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admiral - Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #447 by David
Swim Platform Rebuild Started was created by David
Took off the swim platform this weekend to start the repairs. The core seemed soft when we stepped on it.
When trying to unbolt the platform from below two of the four bolts pulled right out of the plywood. Not a good sign :) Once the remaining two bolts were removed I was able to see the structure below. I am not sure what the previous owner was thinking but it appears some of the structure was cut away and household silicone caulking placed in the now present gap. I will have to scrap out sand fill with epoxy and cover that section with glass.
The platform itself should not be too bad to remove the core and install and glass a new core. Here are the starting photos more to follow with an artice.

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admiral - Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #504 by David
Replied by David on topic Swim Platform Rebuild Started
I started to strip the underside of the swim platform tonight. I picked up an amazing multitool from Princess Auto for 59.00 today. It slices through the fiberglass like it is going through butter. Great tool ! Here are some more photos. The amount of water in the core is just unbelievable !

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: kingstonal
Time to create page: 1.736 seconds