Bayliner Owners Club on Facebook and Twitter (11 Jun 2018)

Bayliner Owners Club is fast becoming the most Active Bayliner Site on the Internet !
To date our Facebook Group has over 927 ACTIVE Members, 1.3K Posts, 7.3K Comments and 13.6K Reactions - www.facebook.com/groups/BaylinerOwnersClub/ Lots of Information and daily posts from members just like you !
OurTwitter Feed has 19.2K Tweets and 1.2K Followers twitter.com/baylinerowners

× General Boating

Bad blood on the water: NY anglers, boaters upset about Canadian border rules

• David
  • David's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admiral - Administrator
More
1 year 3 months ago #6990 by David
Fewer American anglers are fishing on the Canadian side of the St. Lawrence River these days because of Canadian rules and regulations. (1000 Islands International Tourism Council)
Pat Snyder, a long-time St. Lawrence River charter boat captain gets irritated when he recalled how two years ago Canadian officials stopped him on the river and wrote him a $300 ticket for some live crabs on his boat.
"It was crazy. I wasn't fishing with them. They were in my live well. I was heading to my island on the Canadian side to cook a shore dinner," he said. "I probably could have fought it, but that would have taken a whole day. I just paid it that day with my credit card and said the hell with it."
Recreational boating is a big part of the St. Lawrence River tourism scene.
1000 Islands International Tourism Council
For the past few years there have been hard feelings expressed by American recreational boaters, fishermen, and charter boat captains about Canadian regulations and how they're enforced on waterways shared by both countries.
There is hope for a major thaw in the situation this year with the expected passage of new regulations by the Canadian Parliament. The legislation would ease the burdensome and unpopular call-in process now required when American boaters cross over to the Canadian side.
However, that same promise was made last year by some Canadian lawmakers and it didn't happen. In addition, It's uncertain how actions by the Trump administration and recent reports of immigrants streaming illegally into Canada from this country will impact things.
See the Original Story

David
1990 Sunray Infinity
Twin 5.7 Cobra's
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.571 seconds