Bayliner Owners Club on Facebook and Twitter (11 Jun 2018)
Bayliner Owners Club is fast becoming the most Active Bayliner Site on the Internet !
To date our Facebook Group has over 927 ACTIVE Members, 1.3K Posts, 7.3K Comments and 13.6K Reactions - www.facebook.com/groups/BaylinerOwnersClub/ Lots of Information and daily posts from members just like you !
OurTwitter Feed has 19.2K Tweets and 1.2K Followers twitter.com/baylinerowners
1. Warning – The Moderator will determine whether you knew what you were doing was wrong or whether a warning is necessary to explain it to you.
2. Muting - This is where you are not able to talk on the board. You may still view it.
3. Temporary Ban - This is where you are not able to view the board for a certain period of time.
4. Permanent Ban - You can never again view the board.
The following rules list the most serious violations:
5. No Hacking - This should go without saying, but you are not permitted to hack the board. Guessing someone else's password and succeeding counts as hacking. Members who hack will instantly be permanently banned without any warnings.
6. No Discrimination, - You may not insult members based on their religion, race, sex, political beliefs, or whether they are gay or straight. This is worse than flaming, because it also hurts other members of the board who fall into the category you insult. CBOC is a place where everyone is equal, and discrimination will NOT be tolerated!
7. No Bullying - Do not pick on other members. The worst kind of bullying is where new members are picked on. This hurts the member as well as the board.
8. No Flaming - Flaming harms the nice atmosphere of CBOC. It also causes thread's to go off topic, and most importantly, it hurts the person being flamed. The victim may defend themselves against any accusations made to them, but may not make any additional accusations to the flamer (which also counts as flaming).
9. No Profanity or Obscene Content - Such content does not belong on CBOC. A censor system is in place as a backup. If you see words in your post being replaced with ****, you have done something wrong. Please edit your post and tone it down before your timer runs out. To edit a post, click the "Edit" button right below it. Cheating the censor system is against the rules.
If you break one of these rules, the following penalties will apply (first time, second time, third time...) with the exception of breaking the rule "No Hacking" which immediately results in a permanent ban:
10. Warning - Depending on how serious a violation is, you may be issued a warning first
11. Muting - Muting for 10 days
12. Temporary ban - People who cause more problems after being muted for 10 days will be banned for a month, and for 2 months for the next offense.
13. Permanent ban - At this point, it is obvious that will never learn your lesson, thus, a permanent ban is necessary to be rid of the problems you cause.
The following rules are also important:
14. No Advertising - You are not permitted to make money using CBOC. You are not allowed to use the member list to obtain Instant Messaging screen names to harass people to purchase a product from you. You can however place information about your company in the classified section of the forum or send us an email requesting inclusion in our links.
15. No Illegal Activity - You are not allowed to break the law using CBOC. This can get CBOC into legal trouble. Posting links to rooms is illegal, so this counts as a violation of this rule.
16. No Spamming - Spamming is not allowed, and is defined as a post that has no meaning.
17. No Posting Personal Info - You may not post your last name or your street address on CBOC. This is because this information then becomes accessible to anyone.
18. Warning - Depending on how serious a violation is, you may be issued a warning first
19. Muting - Muting for 3 days
20. Muting - Muting for 10 days.
21. Temporary ban - People who cause more problems after being muted for 10 days will be banned for a month, and for 2 months for the next offense.
22. Permanent ban - At this point, it is obvious that will never learn your lesson, thus, a permanent ban is necessary to be rid of the problems you cause.
The following are a set of amendments to clarify the rules for those people who wish to nitpick:
Amendment 1 - There are no excuses for breaking the rules. It doesn't matter if you were angry at the time and weren't thinking straight. It doesn't matter if you were only kidding around. If you break a rule, it does the same damage, regardless of your reasons for breaking it, and you will be punished all the same.
Amendment 2 - Staff abuse will not be tolerated. As a staff member, your job is to help the people, not harm them. You may only use your powers for the purposes that they have been given to you for. There is no limit on how much you may be punished for this severe offense as this must be stopped at all costs to protect the people. This means that if you abuse your powers, there is a good chance you will be permanently banned.
Amendment 3 - Harassing the administration about punishments is not allowed. The admins are only trying to do their job, and many times they have to make difficult decisions. You may post your opinion in the thread that announces the punishment, so long as you do not flame anyone. If this thread gets out of hand, it will be closed, and you may not complain elsewhere on the board, or by other means including, but not limited to: private messages, instant messaging programs, email, telephone calls, and house visits. You also may not make threats against administrators (or other members for that matter...). Punishments for harassment range from a 5 day mute for minor harassments to a permanent ban if serious threats are involved.
Amendment 4 - If you break more than one rule, the punishments will stack up to a maximum of 2 months, or a permanent ban if necessary. If a sentencing length is 10 days or less, it is a mute, otherwise, it can either be a temporary or permanent ban